Discover the Stunning Architecture
Visiting Angkor Wat is one of the biggest attractions for travelers to Cambodia. The temple is more than seven kilometers long and was built by the Khmer Empire, which ruled the country from the 13th century to the 18th century. This amazing site was moved from Cambodia to the city of Siem Reap, located in the southern part of Cambodia. The ruins were later re-discovered in the early twentieth century and now it has become a very popular tourist destination in the country.
Bangkok offers tourists many different exciting destinations for their trips. No trip to Thailand can be complete without visiting Angkor Wat. A trip to the temple would be more than enough reason to spend a few days in Bangkok.
There is good news for the many Cambodian travelers planning to visit this magnificent Angkor Wat. It is now more affordable than ever before. Cheap Angkor Wat travel packages are available for tourists visiting the temple, whether they are coming from Bangkok or anywhere else in the country.
The high fees charged by hotels and travel agencies are due to the high demand for their services. Many of these organizations are privately owned and operate on a budget. While they are willing to provide cheap accommodation and flight tickets, their rates are usually not set according to the prevailing rates in the market.
To help cut costs, many of these operators have started offering cheap accommodation and cheap flight tickets to visitors to Angkor Wat. These low-budget operators are providing flight tickets and accommodation for less than $50 per person. Their discounted rates make them a perfect choice for people who want to spend their Cambodia holidays in comfort and peace of mind.
Tourism in Cambodia is one of the reasons why Bangkok became so popular. Tourists who book their accommodation and travel to Angkor Wat could avoid some of the high costs that visitors in the country encounter. Travelers looking for a romantic vacation in this beautiful country are able to do so with little worry.
Unlike other parts of Asia, Thailand is still home to some Scandinavian people. Sweden is among the first countries to recognize Angkor Wat as an official UNESCO World Heritage Site. It was Sweden that launched an initiative to protect the temple.
Now, it is located in the Western Corridor, which is now a part of the old Chinese period. The temple was originally built in the seventh century A.D. Since the time when Angkor Wat was first constructed, the Khmer Empire has been there. During that time, the kingdom occupied Cambodia and then it expanded into neighboring areas of northern Vietnam, Laos and Thailand.
The temple was under the control of the Khmer Empire, which is perhaps the oldest civilization in the world. People were living in the area before the discovery of the Indus River. They practiced the fishing techniques that are still followed by the Khmer people today.
After conquering neighboring countries, the Khmer Empire eventually lost its power to neighboring rulers and other peoples who came into existence after spreading the civilizations in Asia. Despite the decline of the Khmer Empire, their legacy lives on through the magnificent temples. One can see these buildings dotted all around the country, particularly in Phnom Penh and Kampot.
Even though Angkor Wat has been designated as a world heritage site, visitors can now visit the same areas as those who visit other tourist sites in the country. Besides Cambodia, it is now available for visits in Siem Reap and Krabi. Most tours to Angkor Wat include visits to other historical places and famous places of interests. From exploring the intricacies of the architecture to riding a horse, it is definitely a fun-filled adventure.
If you’re a fan of diving, you will also be delighted to know that many of the dive sites are located nearby and there are several diving centers around the temple. There are also plenty of options for cheap accommodation in the city and on the beach. You can even stay in the gardens where the Khmer royal family lived and dine in simple stalls and tents.
Enjoy Your Visit to Cambodia by Visiting Angkor Wat
Have you ever wondered about visiting Angkor Wat, the most well-known temple complex in Cambodia? It’s well worth your while to plan a trip to this historic site. If you’re already there, just know that it is absolutely stunning and there is a whole lot more to see and do!
- During the 1800s, a German merchant named Andreas Voege, decided to settle in Cambodia. At the time, Phnom Penh was still a part of Vietnam, but the name ‘Phnom Penh’ literally means ‘City on the Hill.’ In other words, Voege wanted to build a capital.
- As time went by, Voege, along with several colleagues, embarked on a massive building project. He had his architect to finish the layout for his new city and for a huge wooden temple. The temple was to be built on a steep cliff in front of the main temple.
- All the while, Voege himself traveled around and visited many temples. Eventually, he chose Angkor Wat as the centerpiece of his city. He built the temple for himself and dedicated it to the goddess of knowledge, which is why the temple is known as the “Sculpture of Knowledge.”
- The city of Angkor grew in size and became one of the largest cities in the world at the time. People from all over the world flocked to the city, including the members of Voege’s family. His daughter, Madam Pakthep, married the Nguyens, the wealthiest Phnom Penh families.
- You can see evidence of their relationship in Phy Temple. Located just behind the main temple, the enormous structure serves as a memorial to the couple. It was constructed in 1970 as a tribute to the couple and their two children. It is one of the biggest and best examples of art Deco architecture in Southeast Asia.
- Once you’ve visited Angkor Wat, you’re going to want to visit the neighboring cities of Siem Reap and Siem Reang. These places are known as the ‘Phnom Phen’ or the Golden Triangle. It’s a destination that has been popular with tourists for decades now.
- The area is also known for its amazing wildlife. Throughout the years, millions of tourists have flocked to these regions to enjoy the unique and exotic flora and fauna of Cambodia. It’s a destination that are not just amazing to look at, but it is absolutely magnificent to experience.
- The region of Cambodia has some of the most picturesque natural landscapes. One of the main attractions of the region is the gorgeous Angkor Wat. This stunning temple complex is still well preserved and is one of the largest structures in the world. It was constructed during the 8th century.
Tourists can also experience the pleasure of taking part in local activities like trekking and kayaking. They can also take part in the ancient Vietnamese culture by participating in traditional Chinese medicine. While you’re in the area, make sure to pick up a copy of “The Complete Book of Spells.”
The best way to make money while traveling is to book tours at the same time you plan your trip, but it’s always a great deal if you purchase your tickets a few months before your trip. Why? Because booking a flight in advance will allow you to save a ton of money.
Additionally, you’ll be able to get discounts and additional money off of the actual price. Whatever you do, make sure to check out Angkor Wat before you leave for Cambodia.